|FOOD ART- SQUASH VARIETIES....image from Wikimedia Commons file photo|
A SPECIAL GUEST POST BY MEHJABEEN ARIF
CREAM OF SQUASH RECIPE .
MEHJABEEN- San Francisco, California.
Holding a degree in clinical nutrition and dietetics, I can promise to give my readers a whole new dimension on healthy cooking :)
|YELLOW WINTER SQUASH... image from Wikimedia Commons file|
Well, decided to make a guilt free soup with no oil or any kind of fat.. Lately I have been trying to discover oil free foods.. and this wonderful bowl definitely tops the charts.. Its a whole meal by itself.
To be honest, I was slightly surprised by the amazing creamy soupy consistency it had finally.
Yellow Squash - 2 no. (small)
Masoor Dhal - 50 gm
Potato - 1 no. (medium)
Onion - 1 no. (small)
Garlic - 3 pods
Chilli Powder - 1tsp
Coriander Powder - 1tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Cilantro Leaves - for garnishing
Salt / Pepper - to taste
|CREAM OF SQUASH|
Dice the vegetables and add in the pressure cooker.Rinse the Dhal and add them to the vegetables..
1. Now add the spice powders.. and pressure cook for 2 whistles or until soft..
2. Let it cook and blend it to a puree.. garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves..
3. Adjust salt / pepper to your taste.
Tips & Tricks
1. It tends to easily get burnt when pressure cooking, U might want to be careful.
2. One can add cream for richer results..
Many thanks to Mehjabeen for the special recipe- url banner at side bar