Saturday, January 7, 2012

CHICKEN TIKKA IN AN OVEN. CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE

RECIPE: CHICKEN TIKKA IN AN OVEN.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY  JULIE
SUNSHINE AND HAPPY DAYS ALWAYS TO YOU
GLAD TO BE YOUR FRIEND
I just discovered that today is Julie’s birthday and this guest post is her very first.. I feel honored to have her be my guest on her birthday…. 
CHICKEN TIKKA IN AN OVEN
My special guest blogger for this authentic “Chicken Tikka in oven” recipe is Julie from USA, a multi talented lady, especially on culinary skills and bead work or beading craft.
I wish to thank Julie for her willingness to do this guest post for me- she is my first guest for this year 2012  and I also wish her great success in both blogs.
Do visit her two blogs listed 
http://erivumpuliyumm.blogspot.com/            foodie
http://beadingbeads-juls.blogspot.com/        beading craft

Let us now hear from Julie, my wonderful  guest
About me-
I am a home maker presently residing in US ,basically from Kerala in India. Mom of two small kids. I have many hobbies to list down and am a person who makes a try at every damn thing may that be drawing, knitting, poetry, articles writing, crafts, beading or any other stuff related to day to day activities. But am not expert in any of these.

I have no  expertise in cooking too, just started after marriage; but was a keen observer always with my mom. Now cooking has become a passion .I am keen at learning new dishes either by myself (internet, magazines or TV shows) or from others experiences. I modify it according to my family's tastes. I spent most of my time experimenting something innovative as kids get bored very fast, eating the same food.

Chicken tikka masala is one authentic dish of India which the British took along with them other than the Kohinoor Diamond , history speaks. So old is the recipe but always 'Old is Gold ' is apt to this very recipe and who will ever resist these flavors..why to blame the British :-)

You can smell the aromatic dish right from the beginning till the last bite of it. At home, we do not have a proper tandoor , but still we can make this with the same flavor lock and taste, using the oven.. So, here comes the delicious, mouthwatering chicken tikka dry version, a perfect party appetizer!!
Have a nice day, cheers
Julie

CHICKEN TIKKA IN AN OVEN
Ingredients
chicken boneless 2 lb
green bell pepper/ capsicum 1 cube sized cut
*Red bell pepper 1 cube sized
Onion 1 cube sized
for marinade
ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
cilantro 4-5 sprigs
lemon juice half of a lemon
thick yogurt 1 cup
red food colour 1/2 tsp
chilly powder 1 tsp
coriander powder 1 tsp
turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
*pepper powder 1/2 tsp
garam masala 1/2 tsp
cumin powder 1/2 tsp
fenugreek leaves crushed 1/2 tsp
salt
oil 3 tbsp

Method
-Make a thick paste using the ingredients listed under marinade.
-Divide the paste into two and add in the chicken in one and the bell peppers, onion to the other bowl.
-Keep it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
-Load it alternately with chicken and bell peppers, onion on the skewers and place on a tray.
-Pre heat oven to 450 degrees F  and cook for 15 minutes each side. Broil the last 3-5 minutes for charred appearance.(optional)
-Remove from oven, cool a bit and serve with squeezed lemon and chat masala!!
 Notes

*I didn't have the red bell peppers in hand and so I haven't used it.
*If you are using the
 bamboo skewers, soak them in water to avoid burning.
(I soaked it for 6 hours.)
*If you are a less spicy eater, you can omit the pepper powder.
*If you 're a vegetarian use the same masala and prepare soya or paneer tikkas and enjoy!!

55 comments:

  1. Truly Delish Dear.Luv ur version of Tikka Julie. Nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Wan! :) Thanks for sharing us about Julie and her Chicken Tikka Recipe!:) Yum yum..!!:) and also her talent in beading,i want to learn in beading crafts too, I'll visit her blog to learn more!:) Thanks Julie and to you my friend Wan! :) Blessed morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy looking chicken....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed many of your recent posting, been away.. so probably next week will sit in front of my computer to read all that I have missed!

    A very happy new year greetings to you and all your readers here.. May 2012 be as wonderful as year 2011..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an awesome post, Ms.Wan!! Thanx a lot for the sweet words of my space and the kind mention about me, dear..flying high n very happy for my first guest post !!!!
    Thanx again n happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wan, thanks for dropping by at my blog and leaving comment:) You can call me, Rosalinda or Ros like Balqis used to call me :)*hug and kisses*.. smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi aarthi, thanks for your visit and sweet comment. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi christy, thanks for coming over, yes, julie's ingredients are perfect. have a nice day dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi rosalinda, many thanks for your visit and telling me your real name- a very sweet name indeed, balqis called you rose, so i shall call you linda.
    thanks for liking the bead work, do visit at julie's ok. have a wonderful day dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi neha, thanks for visiting and for the comment. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi katrina, welcome back to blogging, our favorite hobby.. so how are you doing,my condolence to you and family on your late mom in law..
    due to time constraint, my fb dormant,never check messages for a month already..if you wanna be in touch ,pls email me at my gmail or go via my contact email available in this blog..see tab at header.
    Thanks and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Julie, i am so happy that you are my special guest, even happier that i am your first host and it's on your birthday.. hope many more great things in store for you in 2012 blogging.
    have a wonderful birthday..take care dear

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great guest post and wonderfully tasty looking food!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats a lovely post Ms Wan that too on Julie's Bday..
    First time at ur space, wonderful space u have..
    I'm ur happy follower, check out my space when u get a chance
    http://cook-ezee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi yummy chunklet, thanks for visiting dear, glad you like this post, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi yummy chunklet, thanks for your visit and sweet comment..have a nice day, i love your cinnamon apple cake

    ReplyDelete
  17. No doubt, this is an amazing dish with all the flavors trapped in the meat! Happy birthday to Julie and thanks to you for this post..

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi prathiba, many thanks for your visit and sweet comments. will visit you soon. have a nice dya

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi treat and tricks, glad you came over and thanks for your sweet comments, yes amazing dish. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very delicious and yummy. a food for the lords they say..! Am drooling.!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful chicken recipe, you know we simply love any dishes with Indian touch and that word Tikka has got me excited. Thumbs up to her and also her great hand skills in making the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year!
    I just found your blog through your guest Julie, and I love it!
    Hope you visit me at:
    http://my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice guest post with a delicious recipe...Glad you both are my friends in this blogging community...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Belated new year wishes my fri ..I love this dish coz its a indian dish !! .i used to eat this dish in a month ..thx for this post ..i hope you will visit my website ..

    http://www.travelnlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anzz, many thanks for visiting, glad you like this post ..will visit you soon. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi nava, thanks for coming over,glad you like julie's "tikka", very practical to use the oven, yes, she has nice bead work too.
    have a great day dear

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi elpiniki, thanks for coming over from julie's, that's really sweet of you, will visit you soon. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi amy, thanks for coming, happy to know that julie is a mutual friend. glad you like her post. have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  29. slam sweet Maznah, thanks for sharing this yummy post with us, its mouth watering,,hmmm,,,
    Have a great year ahead & happy birthday to sweet Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. hello Wan..happy birthday Ms. Julie..yummy chicken bbq..another way to cook bbq..I haven't tried cooking it with boneless chicken..thank you for your post Wan..passing by ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi sheril, thanks for your visit and liking this post..will try visit you soon

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sie, many thanks for visiting my dear. chicken tikka is very tasty, has become an authentic international cuisine already.
    have a nice day..julie will read your birthday message to her..

    ReplyDelete
  33. belated wishes to dear Julie..I love her blog & awesome recipe collection..
    chicken bbq sounds exotic
    thanks for the great post Wan..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  34. Belated Happy New Year to you Maznah.
    Sorry.., been busy for these few weeks.

    This is a good recipe, I still don't have any oven but will try to find one for this recipe. Good for health kan?

    ReplyDelete
  35. nice recipe frm julie...she is indeed a talented person. So sweet of you posting her recipe on her birthday

    ReplyDelete
  36. hi creative mind-salam to you too. thanks for coming over dear. have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  37. hi jay, thanks for your visit and glad we have a mutual friend-julie. have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Belated wishes to Julie. Tikka came out super perfect. It is nice to ask her to do a guest post on her birthday,

    ReplyDelete
  39. hi lunaticg, thanks for your visit, looking forward to hear from you, once you get your oven just to try out this recipe. ha ha you already know the health benefits of chicken.. i like kampung chicken-baru healthy.. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Ramya..thanks for your visit and comment. yes i am happy to post julie's "chicken tikka recipe", only after done that, she told me its her birthday, so i added on the roses and birthday wishes..specially for her.
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  41. hi santosh, many thanks for your visit and hope the hervest is great,You stll nave mre plants...
    smiles, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  42. hi uma, many thanks for coming over with sweet comments, happy to note that you appreciate her recipe very much, have a nice day uma.

    ReplyDelete
  43. First off - Happy Birthday! What an exciting day to spend here with Wan! Your Chicken looks amazing and you would never know that you started cooking after your married! How lovely to meet you...

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy New Year wan! I must try this tikka masala, looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  45. hi ann, many thanks for coming over, am glad you like this post , both you and julie are great blogger friends of mine. do visit each other.
    have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Jehanne, how are you. glad you came
    i am very excited to see your comment,,,been a long time, the hospital must be keeping you real busy.
    MAY ALL YOUR GOOD WISHES IN 2012 COME THROUGH.
    have a nice day dear.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanx a lot for all your warm birthday wishes Ann,Uma,Jay,Prathibha :-) Indeed it was a very happy moment as this was a surprise to me from Ms.Wan as she never knew it was my birthday..I just mentioned it after she had posted the recipe and it was so sweet of her to put up a beautiful roses card..Thanx a lot,Ms.Wan,you made my day!!Had a wonderful Birthday!!
    Thanx again for the wonderful guest post,hoping to meet many more blogger friends as guests at your space..

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you so much julie for coming over with sweet comments..yes, i like it that your birthday coincide with your post- a unique happening ha ha.
    thanks you so much once again for your willingness to be my guest, have a wonderful day dear.

    ReplyDelete
  49. hi sie, glad you came by and thanks for liking crabby and choc ice cream.. ylang essential oil would be good for you.. seriously, to keep out any stress... keep some fresh flowers always..in your room
    take care of your heart. have a nice day dear

    ReplyDelete
  50. hi santosh, thanks for your visit, glad you like this post, have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  51. The marinade looks delicious, and very simple to prepare... great to serve at BBQ parties!

    TQ for sharing this.. esok nak cuba eh!

    Happy Birthday Julie!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi katrina, thanks for your visit. the tikka is simple to follow and easy to cook. have a nice day

      Delete
  52. That is very fascinating, You are an excessively skilled
    blogger. I have joined your feed and look ahead to seeking extra of your excellent post.
    Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks

    Also visit my web blog federal student loan refinancing
    My website private krankenkassen deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  53. Very shortly this website will be famous among all blogging visitors, due to it's pleasant articles

    Check out my blog post business startup ideas 2011 - wiki.opentom.org

    ReplyDelete