Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LUTEFISK. Hai O.. Hai O.. Off to cook i go..


AT LONG LAST..

DONE ALL MY PAPER WORKS !


AM VERY HAPPY OF COURSE...




smile.. an everlasting smile..
NOW back to cook VARIETIES 
NO bbq 4me just yet,
fire flames very hot… oops!!


kitchen heat turns my eyes amber green-
how i wish i have permanent
amber green eyes..
rare amber green eyes
no... not like cats.. never
STILL THINKING WHAT TO COOK….. hmmmm ….. hmmm down memory lane.. for someone who just came out from amnesia. I kept remembering food quotes instead of recipes
I hEARD THE QUOTE SAID:
??? “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade -quote

ha ha lemon is  a great detox, but no thanks, am not in a sour mood now.
THINK, THINK AGAIN… ok desperado,, 
think , think…

The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread-“ quote.
How can I handle this messy quote…. Proportional? Big joke buddy, no thanks,  butter and bread don’t mix well in texture.. marmalade ok. ha ha
Hai O.. Hai O…
Off to cook I go…
Hai O… Hai O..
Cook What? I don’t know-
Sudden pangs of hunger hit me now, no breakfast yet and it’s almost lunch hour. No wonder,  brains falling out… see you later, I eat first.. 

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”- quote
The cream rises to the top…..quote   
But I am not in the mood for cream, so forget the apple cream recipe. 
Messy cooking… don’t even know where to start... 
Good excuse for me is that, apples don’t grow locally here, hence the reason why I know nuts about apples.
 I don’t buy those imported apples, they are all covered with wax!!!

 Dont believe me? Take an apple and put it near your laptop. Leave it there, after 2 weeks, notice it’s shiny and taut skin- green or red- Cut it open, you will find it’s rotten oreidiiiii.
"An apple a day keeps the doctor away"- quote
Remember the song? Ahhh SHUT UP ON YOUR FACE !!!!- quote
After eating, now I find my brain turbo-charged with energy and the protein, was a good meal, that quickie egg salad with a splash of chili sauce burger was delicious… that’s how much a human need to eat food, to sustain life.
I eat whatever is given to me , can’t afford to be choosy, I am just thankful for whatever food God gives me- simple or gourmet, I just accept .. x mono, but varieties. 

It scares the hell out of me, if God doesn’t give me any food to eat. It reminds me of that "african child" pic. God has ordained it such that we must eat, what to do… I can’t be arrogant and think that cooking is not important.. cos food is important. 
If i eat too much that is greedy, I may just deserve to grow fat. In this world, moderation is the best way of life...Quality life. 
                           SHE'S CHUBBY, NOT FAT=
Brain functioning- a humor on food.
Hey, I found out this food.. from my good friend wiki, wanna share with you:

LUTEFISK:
Yes, a salted whitefish and lye. Dish from the Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Mid West US
Lye is a corrosive alkaline substance (caustic soda/ sodium hydroxide).
Briefly- Traditionally, the fish is soaked in water for 5 days and another 2 days in lye. Plus 5days. An extremely strong and pungent odor is produced. Normally cod or lingfish are used. Pollock or haddock has less odor.

At this stage, half of the protein gone, they now looked like jelly and pale. Rinse the salt, wrap lutefisk in cheesecloth and steam-cooked/ baked. Watch over and remove it before it falls apart.
Do not use sterling silver cooking utensils or platter, it will be permanently ruined. Use stainless steel or ceramics instead.

Serve with side dish..examples: butter, cheese, meatballs, potatoes, meat, peas.. white sauce spiced with pepper is used to enhance flavor. They then Enjoy.

HUMOR
QUOTES ON LUTEFISK:
Quote from Garrison Keillor's book, Lake Wobegon days:
“Every Advent we entered the purgatory of lutefisk, a repulsive gelatinous fishlike dish that tasted of soap and gave off an odor that would gag a goat”.
Quote from Garrison Keillor’s book, Pontoon:
Lutefisk looks like the desiccated cadavers of squirrels run over by trucks.
Interview with Jeffrey Steigarten, author of The Man Who Ate Everything:
Some people say that they like lutefisk. Do you think they tell the truth?
I do not know. Of all food, lutefisk is the only one that I don't take any stand on. I simply cannot decide whether it is nice or disgusting,   Lutefisk is an example of food that almost doesn't taste like anything, but is so full of emotions that the taste buds get knocked out. Lutefisk is not food, it is a weapon of mass destruction.
TO MY OPINION, WHEN YOU SAY A FOOD HAS NO TASTE, IT MEANS, THE FOOD TASTES LIKE PAPER !!! that's all there is to it.
MODERN CONSUMPTION- Lutefisk, now a meal that is becoming increasingly trendy..
I kind of like my earlier post on ice cream.. many useful facts in there. You may check this out at “LINKS TO MY RECIPES” at my sidebar.. while I relax … Too many blueberry ice cream turns me purple. Trying out my NEW  thinking cap now.. new season of foodies for me.
YES!! YES!!, amnesia gone… I know what to fix, but not today, time constraint oreidi ….
SEE YOU NEXT POST.   HAVE A NICE DAY
WHAT YOU SEE, WHAT YOU HEAR ....    WHEN YOU LEAVE, LEAVE IT HERE......

36 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this post !
    lolz.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi shobha, what a wonderful surprise, glad you came . thanks and have a nice day

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Peter, thanks for coming, glade to know you..wow, your blog... have a nice day

      Delete
  3. Oh, hmm...:) Atleast you're here and smiling because you're done with your paper works!! yeheeyy!!! :) Muaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh... No amnesia anymore,lols..:) But, tired, tired, eyes..:)Hugs and kisses Wan...:) Blessed night..:) Take your time Wan..:) You're still one of the best..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi linda, how are you dear and thanks for coming over, love your fun and happy ways always.. i am not tired anymore, loss of sleep already covered. have a nice day dear

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. hi julie, thanks for your visit and for liking my post.. have a nice day dear

      Delete
  5. Welcome back...glad all's well,
    LUTEFISK - is it like the Kelantan Budu knocking out the tastebuds?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi katrina, thanks for coming over. i dont think the budu is as mind blowing as the lutefisk- from the way they joked about it. i tired budu, but i dont fancy it.
      have a nice day

      Delete
  6. I've never actually tried lutefisk. I'm sure when I do, it will be an interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi yummy chunklet, thanks for coming over..you aea fast dear.. may i suggest you add more pepper and may be a squeeze of lemon too. ha ha have a nice day

      Delete
  7. Hi Wan, really love the beautiful font colours and cute cartoons.....
    And your jokes here. Couldn't help smiling scrolling down.
    Glad to see you happy as a lark.....
    You have fun, and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lee. thanks for coming over.. don't i look cute with the burning fire reflections? ha ha. just lightening
      up my blog with these "gif image" cartoons.
      have a nice day lee.

      Delete
  8. Everynight, I am always think what I want to cook and I end up not cooking/eating.
    Susah kalau isteri dah jauh ni.., takde selera nak makan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi lunaticg. end up not eating? oh my, better dont diet, nanti isteri you risau... you pun, bila too hungry, tengok coins, nampak food.
      have a nice day

      Delete
  9. interesting!!!! hai o hai o... love this post very different...welcome back dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi rina, thanks for liking my post..funny kan? there is a folk song.. it says hai o.. hai o... off to work i go..
      have a nice day

      Delete
  10. hi welcome back missing ur interesting wonderful post.
    ur writeup is really nice and super

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi santosh, thank you. i am glad you like my post. have a nice day dear..

      Delete
  11. wecome back Wan.missing ur interesting and wonderful post.this is also lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol,lovely quotes! Thanks for sharing...you made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear, thanks for your visit and i am glad you like this post. have a nice day

      Delete
  13. I am heading to Norway this coming August, so let me give a try to lutefisk and let you know on the taste. I suppose I am adventurous when it comes to food, so its like you never try you never know. Great sharing Maznah and glad you are back on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi nava, wow, so nice to hear that you are travelling again.. mmm , i have been there, must be beautiful in august summer... ok you try it and tell me about it. who knows it can substitute your favorite belacan. have a nice day

      Delete
  14. Hey dear....am gud and hope that u r also doing gud....well welcome bk and i am too kinda in the same situation...just tryin to cum bk :)

    Very nice and useful post dear! gud goin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi anu, thank you dear. i hope you feel better now. take care, take a break if you need to, when all is settled, come back again. you are a friend to me. have a nice day

      Delete
  15. welcome back dearest! Nice to see this another interesting post from you, I also enjoy these animations..how smart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi khadija, thank you dear. glad you like my post and many thanks for your visit. have a nice day

      Delete
  16. welcome back
    funny and nice post have to read it again
    like the selection of pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sm, thank you and thanks for your visit too, revisit always welcome, glad you like this post. have a nice day

      Delete
  17. Welcome back dear! Love this entertaining post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi treat and trick, Thank you and i am glad you came. have a nice day dear

      Delete
  18. It’s difficult to find experienced people on this topic, but you seem like you know
    what you’re talking about! Thanks

    Also visit my web blog pseudoephedrine hcl side effects

    ReplyDelete