Wednesday, May 18, 2011

QUIBEBE CLASSICO RECIPE. QUIBEBE WINTER SQUASH RECIPE. SAVORY WINTER SQUASH WITH GARLIC AND OLIVE OIL RECIPE


I've  started this blog  to share the  good things people  create in  arts, science, leisure, ideas, no matter where or when.
A dash of humor, a drop of beauty and lots of  creativity.
Dignity is a word that follows me  not only at the blog but my life.
Thank you for the visit
Have a great weekend!


Ana Luiza  
Ana Luiza
Hella Heaven

http://www.hellaheaven-ana.blogspot.com/

I can't believe I'm sharing a recipe! I don't know how to cook and what I do is improvising so the kitchen for me is a kind of lab whose experiments can result in something eatable, but delicious and yummy! are words seldom heard.

If I try something new, I gave up, but occasionally I try, chances are that the thing comes up very strange as the day I tried to cook fried cauliflower according to a recipe that had flour as ingredient.

When I did put the prepared florets to fry to my surprised it started swelling and swelling and it took some time for it to stop when I heard from the living-room:


"Do you need any help?" "No! Just relax and wait." I got nervous and kept frying all the florets, garnished a plate with vegetables of different colors and arranged the thing I had just cooked.


Some food were already at the table and I entered the living room triumphantly holding the plate with the... "I hope you like it. It is a variation of fried breaded cauliflower."
When I asked another friend what went wrong she told me that I shouldn't have put flour and eggs were enough.

I did a search and found some recipes tho I don't cook with recipes because when I look at the list of ingredients I paralyze: "6 eggs? O My! This is too much!" and so on.


I love pumpkin in all different ways it is prepared but Quibebe reminds me of my grandmother who used to do it in a way I'll never have it.


Quibebe is a word that comes from Africa and means mash and puree. I found a recipe (there is a Brazilian at this blog) that is more similar to the way I do:
QUIBEBE CLASSICO WINTER SQUASH RECIPE
Quibebe clássico or Savory winter squash with garlic and olive oil

Ingredients:


olive oil
1 medium size pumpkin/winter squash, peeled,
seeds removed, cut into even size squares
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp sugar
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Approx ¾ cup of water
Fresh cilantro to garnish

Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a deep pan. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute or so. Add squash cubes, salt, pepper and sugar. Give it a good stir. Add ½ cup water then cover pan.


Cook squash on high temperature for about 10-12 minutes or until squash is soft and partially collapsed. Adjust seasoning. Remove from heat. Let cool approx. 5-10 minutes. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Transfer to a serving platter and decorate with a couple of sprigs of cilantro.
QUIBEBE
Quibebe pumpkin: for  those who dont know how to cook


Usually, the version that puree the pumpkin in a food processor, is the most used, but you can choose each according to what you're going to serve at the meal.

You can do it my way: buy pumpkin that is already cut in squares, put  the squares to cook in water

-at a pan- fry garlic, onion or both if you like; mash the pumpkins with a fork and put it at the pan and add some spices like ginger; pepper; basil; curry... your favorite spice.


It is quick and simple.  Bon appetit.

Ana Luiza                      Hella Heaven


                                        Banner at right side bar
pumpkin_carving,_photo_taken_in_darkness_to_show_the_effect_of
_illumination_from_within,_
Wikimedia_public_domain_by_Jankins



Ana Luiza  
google search under the following
Quibebe winter squash recipe- -Out of 741 results Page 1 # 7 and Page 6 #2
Quibebe squash recipe --out of 329 results Page 1 # 6 and Page 4 # 3
Quibebe Classico recipe-- Search Results about 57 result page 1 #1 and Page 1 # 2
Quibebe-- out of 1630 search Page 1 # 9 and page 2 # 3 (under hellaheaven)
Quibebe puree- out of 1120 results-page 1 # 7

21 comments:

  1. This looks like a very easy recipe that even I can make! Maznah, this is the pumpkin recipe that I am familiar with and that we use in South Africa as well to prepare pumpkin.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it! OMG! I never thought I would share a recipe. Thank you very much Maznah for helping me doing it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like its easy to prepare...:-) i ll try to prepare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and so simple to make, squash is a big hit at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ana, for sharing. I like this recipe cos it's easy to follow.

    Wan, it looks like our "labu kuning" which can be prepared into many types of dishes. I like it when it's prepared as porridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nyum-nyum.....
    My mom used to make this, I think. Or is it a different recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy recipe!! Where I live Pumpkins are available in the Fall months. I will definitely try this!! What a nice addition to a Fall meal. Beautiful photos too!!

    http://www.mariscamera.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple and yet looks delicious..nyum nyum...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! your template is improving, very yummy. Recently, I am serious in Tech blogging but to tell you I never forget/ hesitate to visit blog like these because I am person that always appreciate beauty..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love winter squash- especially spicy squash pie for tea..

    ReplyDelete
  11. this recipe looks delicious. I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to try your recipe... I like to cook myself. I remembered this dish I've tried with squash... it's also mushed but had this bite of chilly with it... yummy. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks to you guys for the most appreciated visit and comments- from AnaLuiza and me to Neilieta, Alfandi, Redhead riter, Sachi, Nava, Balqis, Lunaticg, Mari Wilbur, Zezebel, Bennix, Our flowers4all, Chica mala, Ralph and Jyothi . Have a beautiful day and wish great success always in blogging..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ana, a very special THANK YOU NOTE for you -> I really appreciate your willingness to do Guest post for me here and am very happy that all visitors enjoy reading your quebebe and are willing to try, cos it’s simple. Honestly I never know how to do this before. So, you still can cook something if you want to.. ha ha.
    Wanna tell you something here, in your submission via email, you wrote “Quibebe pumpkin- for clumsy cookers” ha ha ha, I put in, then I thought…. I give myself the liberty to change it to “Quibebe pumpkin for those who don’t know how to cook”. ..then I thought….a day later, I gave myself the liberty to change it to “Quebebe pumpkin- for beginners”.
    Then i went to check on google listings for this post. I found out that they have taken up the word ”For those who don’t know how to cook”..so I had to quickly change it back, before it disappear from being listed..what a happening. Thanks ana. Quite a memorable post

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is ny second blog- on ancient food culture and recipes from the old nusantara areas... a story just begun, a thousand years to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some great photos very crisp :)

    dropped by to say hi! its Matt from http://www.tropicalpenpals.com/blog

    But thought you might also find my wifes blog interesting as its also food related at http://www.myhottropics.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maznah I have to thank you for giving me the opportunity of sharing a recipe, something I never thought I would do.
    Don't mind the title. It's nice like this.
    I'm so happy people liked... because it is easy.... hehe
    Thank you once again Maznah!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wan, your blog is too useful blog, i like very much, and i have plan to use your cooking recipes .:)

    ReplyDelete