Monday, September 19, 2011

MAKE A MARMALADE RECIPE. INSPIRATIONAL BLOG AWARD FROM SIE

HOW TO MAKE A MARMALADE 
What is the difference between marmalade and jam?
Marmalade is made from citrus fruits (then sweetened), jam is made from sweet fruits
Take two navel oranges, one lemon , one large  pink grapefruit and wash real clean.
Peel orange skin and slice/ chop skin thinly about 1 inch long. 

For the grapefruit and lemon, cut off  the top and base, use a vegetable peeler to get the skin.
Remove pith, seeds and as much of the side membranes as possible and slice orange flesh thinly.

Put all skin slices and cut flesh in  a pot and add 5 cups of white sugar.. Add water and bring to boil , then simmer slowly about 40-45 minutes or until  mixture thickens. 
It should  stay firm when you nudge it with your finger when tested in a cold spot/ cold plate. If it is a bit runny, boil a few minutes longer. Let cool and  then bottle- ready for use...........
MARMALADE- orange, lemon and grapefruit
==================================
INSPIRATIONAL BLOG AWARD FROM SIE 
==================================

Sorry, I have disabled image copy. What you have to do is – double click on the award pic and a new page will appear.. on this page. Do right click and then click on “SAVE IMAGE AS” it will automatically download for you in your “download file”- thanks

THIS AWARD WAS PERSONALLY CREATED AND DESIGNED BY SIE
Let's get to know Sie and  read some sweet words  from her:
  I am a very simple and friendly person..but sometimes I bite..arf arf..I don’t usually wear make-up. A face powder and lip-gloss will do..because I’m already pretty wahhhhhh..*eye brows raised anyone? hahaha..*
 Music has always been my companion when I am lonely..I love to hear Jim Brickman songs. What pissed me off are rude, proud, liars and insensitive people..grrrrr 
 My greatest fear in life is to be left alone. Honestly, I am not afraid to die.
 My greatest dream ever since I was a child was to have a happy and a complete family. A home where my children are safe and full of true happiness. I am a Single Mom As Of Now~~weeeeeeee..
 What I am afraid of is my love ones leaving me.   I am an only child..Filipino Chinese.., I have a heart ailment. I often faint but I have always believed in miracles through prayers.   God has always been the center of my life.
 I love my kids and quiet angel so much. I’d better sacrifice rather than my love ones being hurt. I have no fear of risking my life for them!! ]


DO VISIT SIE AT:   http://insidemeanings.blogspot.com/    A Lifes journey


Sie, below is my thank you card to you for giving me the award


WITH THIS AWARD, I HAVE TO ANSWER  8 EASY TAG QUESTIONS:
1.    What makes you laugh, smile or giggle?
2.    What are your dreams for your future?
3.    If you are to go to a cruise, where would it be and why?
4.    How would you spend your vacation time and with whom?
5.    If given a chance, what life would you choose? Your life now or your past?
6. Is there something that you wished before when you were young but you didn’t get it?
7.  Have you been in a situation where you might have given up but still you chose to move on?
8. Is there someone in your life who has been your source of strength and inspiration?
HERE ARE  MY ANSWERS, IN RESPONSE TO 8 QUESTIONS FROM SIE
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE FROM COOKING VARIETIES
 I would like to give the Inspirational Blog Award to
Angie at   :      http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com/
Julie  at  :        http://erivumpuliyumm.blogspot.com/
               was  juls-tryntaste.blogspot.com
Jay at              http://tastyappetite.blogspot.com/
Santosh Bangar at    http://santoshbangar.blogspot.com  
Umm Mymoonah at   http://tasteofpearlcity.blogspot.com/
Mehjabeen Arif  at     http://www.comeletseat.blogspot.com/ 
Ambreen at                http://simplysweetnsavory.blogspot.com/ 
Jasna at                      http://jasnaskitchencreations.blogspot.com/
Akheela  (Torview)    http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com/
Shobha                       http://foodmazaa.blogspot.com/   
You don't have to do a giveaway on the award, but whoever receive it will have to answer the 8  tag questions from Sie, not from me ya :)..  but you may do a give away if you wish                     

27 comments:

  1. Hmmm..thanks for the recipe & nice to see this award! may you have many more my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe. Till now i was thinking both jam and marmalade are same. Congratulations on your Award too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love marmalade with butter on my bread in the morning. I didn't know the recipe until now. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award and thanks for sharing with me.I am unable to click and save it.
    You had some queries regarding palak and paneer.
    Palak is Spinach....I am sure you will get it there.
    Paneer can be made at home.Boil milk and add lime juice or vinegar to it. It will curdle. Strain it to remove the water.that is paneer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marmalade is come out perfect..looks awesome!!
    Congrats dear on the award and Thats so very kind of you to pass it to me,dear..Thanx a lot !!

    Blog's name changed from Tasty Treat to Erivum Puliyum
    URL http://erivumpuliyumm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried it that way ..it doesn't open.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice marmalade recipe, Congrats on the award, nice to read your answers and know more about u..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love homemade preserves n you have done a beautiful job with the marmalade here! Congrats on your well deserved awards, you deserve this n many more!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely marmalade and post
    congrats on the well deserved awards
    thank you for including me will post it soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. lipsmacking recipe..cliks are awesome..
    Congrats dear on your well deserved award. Enjoyed your answers and great to know more about you..:)
    Really so sweet of you to pass me the award..will post it soon..:)
    Thanks a lot..
    luv
    Jay
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maramalade looks so good.. and very nice to know about u.. I loved ur responses especially # 6 ... ur answers sounded like the way I would have answered..
    Many Thanks for passing them to me.. will post it soon..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ms.Wan..now I know..hahaha..I thought marmalade and jam are the same..I love marmalade Ms.Wan so love it when I put butter with it on my toasted bread plus a hotdog for breakfast and fresh juice yummy yummy..

    Thank you so much Ms.Wan for answering my tag questions..now I'm thinking..yes having a cruise on the longest river will be awesome..it's like putting back history..I'll have it on my list hehehe..

    Love you Ms.Wan..thank you so much for always leaving nice comments on my site..you have always been true to me *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks creative mind, uma, alfandi, shobha,
    julie, sobha, aipi, akheela (torview),
    jay and mehjabeen for your kind visits and sweet comments. have a wonderful day and happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi sie, thank you so much for visiting. i am glad you like this post and i am happy to receive your award and i am excited that i can also share this inspirational award with some blogger friends. have a wonderful day sie and happy blogging to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Homemade marmalade is unbeatable!

    Thanks for passing the award to me, dear.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice and lovely recipe. I love marmalades alot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice recipe. ongrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi WANMAZNAH

    CONGRATS AND THANKS FOR SHARING WITH ME .I FEEL HONOURED.I AM IMPRESSED WITH UR LOVELY COMMENNTS AND WANT TO REMAIN UR FRIEND .I AM HAPPY TO FIND SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FRIEND . I AM OUT OF STATION SO ANS LATTER TO THESE QUESTION
    HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY
    I AM LOOKING FOR THIS RECIPE LOOKING TEMPTING

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely award. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats. I think that is your 14th award? Right. You are doing a good job thats why you recieve so many awards. In the matter of promotion/support, ladies support other ladies but gents do less support other gents. :))
    do not laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, love marmalade esp with hot buns and butter of cos! Never knew it is this simple to prepare from home,

    thanks for the recipe, definitely will try one day.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  22. never attempted jam making before but each time when i see someone doing it at their blogs, got so tempted. Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A gorgeous marmalade!!And congrats on ur award!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  24. congrats 4r the award...ths receipe s mmmm...i vl try ths

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for leaving this link at my space...... Congrats for the awrard.

    This version looks great........ i will try iit

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very good article. I'm facing a few of these issues as well..

    my site - Eating For Energy Review

    ReplyDelete